The new range of Petzl Helmets for work at heights has hit the shelves. True to form Petzl have delivered an upgrade that has dramatically changed the offering.
For those that are familiar with the existing range, a few of the key changes are:
- The Vertex Best is now just called the Petzl Vertex
- The Alveo Best and the Alveo Vent has been discontinued
- A new helmet known as the Petzl Strato has been introduced in both vented and un-vented
- The Vertex Hi-Viz and Vertex Vent Hi-Vis are available in two colours.
Some of the new features of the Petzl Helmet range are:
- Now fitted with a six-point textile suspension harness
- The FLIP&FIT system folds into the shell for easy storage and transportation
- An adjustable-strength chinstrap making it ideal for both work at height and on the ground.
- An EASYCLIP system that allows the user to easily attach the Petzl VIZIR range with a simple clip and click bracket. (Rather than the grub-screw).
The big game changer for the Australian market is that the PETZL Vertex Helmet is now certified to AS/NZS 1801 Occupational Protective Helmets. Not only does the Vertex meet the lateral rigidity of AS/NZS 1801 but it also meets the extra requirements of EN397 and ANSI ANSI Z89.1.
The Petzl Strato, Strato Vent, Vertex and Vertex Vent all come with the range of modular accessories:
- Eyeshield with EASYCLIP side attachment system for easy installation
- Petzl headlamp with mounts, or headlamp with elastic headband
- Helmet protector keeps the shell free from soiling and paint splash
- Nape protector provides effective sun and rain protection for the nape of the neck
- Nametag holder allows the user to be easily identified
- Changeable chinstrap and foam, and
- Hearing protection
Height Dynamics stock a full range of Petzl helmets and accessories. For further information, or to view videos and product sheets click through to the helmet page on our website.
Still not sure which Petzl helmet is right for you, or have more questions? Do not hesitate to contact one of our technical specialists.